Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Next Stop...Virginia Beach

Well the culmination of our Freshman Folkstyle Wrestling season is here:


All of the hard work, extra practice, wrestling camps, weight cutting, healthy eating, 
blood, sweat, and tears were for this weekend.  

My family spent Easter Saturday at a college wrestling camp designed for kids preparing for these higher level tournaments.  No place I would have rather been.  My son wants to wrestle in college.  I will do whatever I can to make that happen.  If that means sacrificing a holiday in order for him to have the opportunity to perform in front of college coaches, so be it.

It seems like just yesterday we were at our first youth league beginner tournament.  I remember thinking how far away high school wrestling was and how we had SO MUCH time.  Now, we are done with Freshman year, leaving for Freshman Nationals, and talking about going to Fargo in July.  We are talking about what  needs to be done to ensure he has the best opportunity to choose the college he would like to attend.  Grades are more important now and our performance at national tournaments matter more than ever.  

I want to wish all the kids from our state the best of luck.  You have many fans here in Alabama cheering you on.  Wrestle hard and bring home some All American hardware!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment